Welcome to QUEEN OF MARTABAK...

This blog is dedicated for my special interest in preserving the authentic Indonesian recipes. Thanks Mom for being such an inspiration in my culinary skills. I will never learn enough from you.....

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Queen of Martabak

I have always have curiosity on this special Indonesian snack. It has a distinctive rich aroma, so sinful but you will always exempt yourself to enjoy it with pleasures.

MARTABAK MANIS.... is one of Indonesian favourite snacks. Usually sold by street vendor, it is a thick sweet pancake filled with combination of ground peanuts, cheese, chocolate rice and fruits. It has irresistable mouth watering aroma you would want to have bite immediately. And trust me you will not stop after your first slice of martabak manis.

The ingredients of martabak manis are simple and fresh, but you need a special skill to make it as authentic as the one sold by street vendor.

My passion in this HUMBLE snack continues after I move overseas. There were time when I crave for Martabak Manis so badly. But I don't have to swallow my saliva thinking about Martabak Manis now...

Here are my very own Martabak Manis.....


CLASSIC MARTABAK MANIS

This is the classic martabak manis. Filled with cheese, chocolate rice, ground peanuts and sesame seeds, it brings out the best combination to tantalise your taste bud.






PANDAN CHEESE MARTABAK MANIS

For those who prefer something less sinful and yet still enjoying the real Pandan flavour... This Pandan Cheese Martabak Manis is definetely the best choice.




Both martabak manis have been tested by many of my Indonesian friends and proof to be the only one to satisfy their craving so far... Cheers !

No comments:

Post a Comment