Welcome to QUEEN OF MARTABAK...

This blog is dedicated for my special interest in preserving the authentic Indonesian recipes. Thanks Mom for being such an inspiration in my culinary skills. I will never learn enough from you.....

Friday, September 10, 2010

Hari Raya Puasa 2010

Today is the first day of Hari Raya Puasa in Singapore and guess what ??? My hubby is backed in town after a long business trip to US. As usual He would miss all the foods at home and today I have prepared MEE REBUS for him.



The moment he reached moment, he bathed and he wanted his first serve of Mee Rebus ! Yum.... it's so savoury and frankly I like the taste of Mee Rebus too. It has been a while since the last time I cooked Mee Rebus. For some reasons, my hubby doesn't like the Mee Rebus sold at coffee shop. He hates the taste of dried prawns in it. While it seems common to add dried prawns in most of dishes in Singapore, I find it weird too ! Why can't they remove dried prawns ? Not all the dishes go well with dried prawns.


So this is my mee rebus ...



You have to try the taste by yourself as I can't find Indonesian food that is similar to mee rebus. It has yellow noodle, tau pok, tauge, hard boiled egg and peanut gravy.

I would normally make a lot and place each portion in a plastic bag. When you want to eat it, simply boil water and put the ingredients in boiling water for few minutes. Pour the peanut gravy on top with Fried Onion (bawang goreng)... Voilllaaa.... bon appetite !

I am so happy to see my Doofy eating mee rebus...

PS. Please don't compare my mee rebus with the one that is available in Singapore... it's not the same !

No comments:

Post a Comment